Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted. It seems like the world is accelerating around me and so much has happened--including another issue of LA YOGA Ayurveda and Health magazine, as well as the National Ayurvedic Medical Association conference in Chicago.

Noticing the dates flying by on the calender reminds me of the all-important Ayurvedic fact: we are constanly buffeted by the effects of the vata dosha, the energetics of air and space and movement. And even more so now, as compared to the way the world was and the people were in it during the time when many of these written texts were actually pent. The society we live in is characterized by an excess of the vata dosha, leading us to have problemes with anxiety and fear.

So, each one of my days is foucesd on reducing stress and calming vata. There are many proactices that do so, and my current favorite is a hot water bottle. It's easy to use, easy to reuse or recylce the water (planting trees0. I have a water bottle right now, sitting at my feet.
Every night, it helps me feel more relaxed, calm, grounded, centered.

No comments: